Wake Island Criteria
The charter to Wake Island is private and registration and payment through the web site is not a guarantee of acceptance.
Passengers accepted for the charter must meet several criteria:
- This charter is under the auspices of the Pacific Aviation Museum, and is restricted to member donors of that organization.
- All participants must be American citizens and possess a US Passport.
- Exceptions allowed must either be WWII veterans and their families, former POWs, or civilian survivors and their families.
This link will provide the information necessary for Pacific Aviation Museum Membership:
Some of the Federal rules that protect against tour changes and loss of passengers' money in publicly sold charters do not apply to these charter flights.
“Bona fide members” are members of the PAM or IJAA who: Have not joined the associations merely to travel on the chartered flight; and who have been members of the chartering organization for a minimum of six months prior to the date of commencement of the affected flight; provided, that the “six month” rule does not apply to:
(1) Employees of a single commercial establishment, industrial plant, or government agency, or
(2) Students and employees of a single school.
The charter price due the direct air carrier has been prorated equally among all the charter passengers.
The certificated or foreign air carrier shall make reasonable efforts to assure that passengers transported meet the eligibility requirements of this section. The certificated or foreign air carrier shall also obtain (no later than the date of departure), and maintain for two years, a certification by an authorized representative of the chartering organization that all passengers are eligible for transportation under this section.